This could be from a noisy switching power supply.  I had the kind of noise as
described and changing power supplies cleared it up.  A good linear type power
supply may help.  No such noise as described now, so not characteristic of a
Flex Radio.

Could even be noise from a close by wall wort supply, even picked up with the
dummy load.

A mismatched antenna will not cause noise on receive.  By using a closer
matched antenna you are increasing the atmospheric noise and general signals to
cover up the possible power supply hash noise.

73. John. N3WT.