"Paul20" <pau...@talk21.com> schrieb:
> Any chance of getting the new allocations on my Flex.
> It's been a while, please look after your UK customers!!
> Cheers
> Paul
> GI4FZD

Hello Paul,

we are pleased that UK ham radio operators are now authorized to use the new
60m band. We want you to know that we are working on including the new
frequency allocation in the upcoming PowerSDR 2.6 software release planned for
May. Since January, there have been a number of public discussions regarding
the legal issues surrounding this topic. Let me summarize briefly the legal
requirements that we as an amateur radio manufacturer must follow:

This is a matter of UK and EU (R & TTE; CE) law. It is not legal for FlexRadio
as a manufacturer to ship a radio into the UK that can transmit outside of the
ham bands. We as a manufacturer provide the necessary software tool for our
distributors to adjust the radios to the needs of their customers because they
ship into entire EU. The EU states have different frequency allocations for
amateur radio. This is why the CE sign comes with an "!" on the radio - which
simply means "not harmonized". The distributors act regarding the firmware
change on their own legal responsibility.
The software work necessary for these changes will take some time and will be
distributed with the next release of PowerSDR v.2.6.0. We understand the
priority of an update of PowerSDR including a match to the new 5 MHz privileges
for UK customers. Our target is to present PowerSDR v2.6.0 including a new
FireWire driver by May. We will provide for the UK a functional BETA version
before the end of our Quality/Test cycle.
In addition when we are ready, I would like to accelerate the so called "TURF"
process for your radio by providing the necessary files either by your
distributor in UK or by me. If you would like to commence theses changes with
your national distributor you may do so. In case you have purchased the radio
directly from USA or got it second hand etc. you are welcome to get the files
from me.
In this case please provide per e-mail your
=> NoV letter from OfCom
=> type of radio
=> serial number of your radio
You will receive an instruction how to adjust your unit, the necessary software
(TurfClient)and the individual software key(Turf-File).
Cheers and 73s,

Klaus, DK7XL

--

FlexRadio Systems Representative for EU