On 3/25/2013 3:37 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
Hi K8IT Neil here. I just been cleaning and found a original set
of SDR-1000 boards and cables that I purchased at Dayton in 2002.
It appears that I need a parallel port and sound card to make
this work.  With today's windows 7 laptops I do not have anything
but the internal sound card.

What do I do for the parallel port? Will the internal sound card
work? Is there a document with instructions to get this early
version of the SDR-1000 going with the current software? Lastly
What is the value of this SDR-1000 hardware? Any interest for
it?

[...]

I have seen 100W SDR-1000s with the Edirol FA-66 (generally considered desirable) sound card going on Ebay for $500-$650.

One thing I learned in setting mine up: You _must_ use a 32-bit operating system to control the transceiver through the parallel port. 64-bit doesn't work at all, even if you have or add a parallel port adapter. I've never heard of anyone using an motherboard sound card with it -- there would certainly be issues with other devices trying to access the card at the same time.

Best of luck,

Kevin, WB4AIO.