Peter - I know this doesn't help you, but I am running the identical computer -
the very latest MacMini
2.7 quad core, which I bought during a recent trip to Orlando FL. I use it with
both a Flex-5000 and
a Flex-3000. Man, it really runs well…..I would say the perfect computer to use
with your Flex radio.
I have Windows 7 running under bootcamp, and am an 80 % CW user. Speed stays at
between 27 - 30
wpm. CW has been really good, no complaints at all with my setup. There is no
latency noticeable
at all with my setup, nor any shortened characters

73
John, ZS5J