I haven't even listened to the audio out of the headphones jack since I got
my Flex-1500 a few weeks ago but when I did tonight I got a intermittent
white noise at a very high level out of that audio jack. Sounds like
tearing.
I've been using it strictly for Digital mode so I've never had speakers or
headphones plugged in.

A secondary issue is my output power seems erratic. When set at .5 watts it
will jump to full output then drop back to .5 watts randomly.

This is a second Flex rig on the same system. I also am running a Flex-3000
with no problems I can detect in the audio out of the rig.

Steven