To: "Dan Scott" <dscott1...@comcast.net>
Cc: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Heil Pro-Set

The clear answer is obvious:  A new 3000.

"I got it for you, dear..."

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Dan Scott <dscott1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple IC version of the Heil Pro-sets that I use with my portable
station(s).  What I want to do is use one of these with the FLEX500.

KB article:

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50372.aspx?Keywords=icom+heil+pr

covers re-wiring the pins in the Heil adapter cable. I assume I can use either the Icom adapter or the Yeasu adapter (which I don't have). I would
like to re-wire one of the Icom adaptor I have and I'm curious if anyone
has
done this as described in the KB, and of course any good/bad reports.

The end goal is to take the FLEX-5000 portable when operating the Colorado
QSO party August 31st.  My XYL (W0PRS) really dislikes operating anything
other than the Flex.  Of course I am the same way, but would rather blame
someone else for the work involved getting the fairly well installed
FLEX5000 out of its operating position and portable!

Thanks and 73,

Dan

W0RO

I can explain it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.