Craig

I have a 1500 and it is running XP on an old Dell 530S, my cpu utilization is
between 15-20%.

I too, had freezing last year, and after a few months of freezing and blue
screens…I found that the constant updates of the AVG web security and various
background programs waking up or updating in the background was causing both
the blue screens as well as the SDR freezes.

I Used the OS "hardening" papers that Neal points to in the Flex forums to
shutdown, stop or simply remove ANY programs not needed to support my Flex
1500….it has been running freeze free since last December and blue screen free
since last October, knock on wood.

Sadly, I am going to have to face the music and build a Win7 machine, since
support for XP and likely SDR on XP will soon be going away.

best of luck, but my bet is on "something" annoying Windows/CPU

dave dabay
kd...@twlakes.net