On 10/24/2014 10:37 AM, w...@reagan.com wrote:
A friend of mine found a very nice sdr-1000 yesterday ,he asked me about the da
converter. this 1000 has a presonus fire box ,instead of the trusty fa-66. will
it perform as well as the fa-66 or is he wasting his time.
thanks
dale wt4t

[...]

I use an SDR-1000 with an FA-66. But I have heard stations using the Presonus and they seem to work fine -- perhaps others on this list are using one. I have also heard of people using very advanced, more recent, sound cards with even better performance than an FA-66.

He could always buy an FA-66 on Ebay or elsewhere if he wanted to switch:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060778.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xedirol+fa-66&_nkw=edirol+fa-66&_sacat=0

73,

Kevin, WB4AIO.