From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of
ke...@3950.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:36 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Better broadcast band and longwave reception

Both the SDR-1000 and the Flex 5000 suffer from poor AM broadcast and
longwave reception, with images of BC stations breaking through in many
inappropriate places, especially below 1 MHz.

I have been wondering what others have done to remedy this.

I have considered 1) a preselector/antenna tuner to greatly narrow the
spectrum bandwidth seen by the front end, using my existing inverted L
antenna; 2) a tunable narrow loop antenna; or 3) an upconverter to tune
longwave and AM broadcast at, say, 4 MHz.

I wonder if anyone on the reflector has any wisdom to impart on this
subject.

Thanks,

Kevin.