Rig was running fine until I upgraded to win 10. The win 10 upgrade failed due to an unfixable virus. I installed w10 from beginning and nearly everything is back to normal. The problem I have is that I am unable to make the VAC setup work with HRD (free version). I thought I had it under control when I found this in the Knowledge base:
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118418-Sample-Rate-Synchronization-between-VAC-and-Vista-Win7-Win8-Sound-Devices

Unfortunately, that advice does not seem to fit my configuration.
It would be very helpful if someone could show me a simple application of the vac software with free packages.
or, offer a current install procedure with up to date examples.

I did not do the first install, it was done for me by AJ4TW to get me off to a good start. I could get him to come do it again but that is very bitter medicine for us old-timers. I really need to work this out with the available resources. The one other change was that We were using his vac which I removed and replaced with a copy I purchased from the vendor.

I will admit I am learning a lot, but I would like to work on something else for a while.

--
John Ferrell W8CCW
   Julian NC 27283