I like my Flex500A but this is one of the areas that is especially disappointing. There are no real benefits when using the transverter. You cannot even tune NOAA weather. Bandwidth controls are ineffective. If you are happy just being a a user all is well. If you are an experimenter hoping for a tunable IF as you work your way up, it is not in this box. Drop back to SoftRock and restart. If you are a contester the tools provided in the Flex still look great to me.