On jeudi 02 octobre 2008, Martin Spott wrote:
> Another re-send ....  excuse to all, who get this twice.
>
> Heiko Schulz wrote:
> > Well, was this really the cause that the skilled developers [...] and
> > a lot more disappeared?
>
> You'll certainly excuse that I won't cite names here. Nevertheless I
> can affirm that this applies at least to some members of the former
> active crowd - and others in the 'corona' of this project as well.
> People simply don't feel like getting bitten for the stuff they're
> doing as a hobby  :-)
>
> The sad side of this story is the fact that 'everybody' (TM) moans the
> slow development process but almost nobody is opposing the nuisance
> which is actually the cause.
>
> Cheers,
>       Martin.

I can explain it in a different way.

FG with Openscengraph is a huge revolution, when the first FG CVS with OSG
came up from Mathias in 2006 November,  it was a big jump.
Most of the active developper who are there,  are aware with Plib they were
productive and active during that long period from the "beginning"  until the
FG version 1.00 delivery.

Openscengraph needs know how, and today only Tim is fully getting that know
how.
Others will be productive later on, the delay to learn.
Look at the other Simulators which are using OSG,
They started  a long time ago, for instance
 http://csp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page
the first screenshots are 2002

We (I) must be patient, and still wait a long time before to get within FG
most of the OSG features, probably not before at least  2010 or 2011 (2 or 3
years delay).

That made me to open that topic "Only to remember", that FG version 1.0.0 is
not the past.
FG plib Version 1.00 could get profit of that lot of improvements which are
included  into FG OSG for instance the new JSBSim, the key features, the
Nasal improvement, and so on...

Why isn't it possible to make an FG 1.1 (or at least an update of the PreOSG
CVS branch)  with these updates ?

This will demonstrate (to the World  :) )  that FG is not "freezed" , that FG
continue on progress.

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire