Erik Hofman writes:

>Norman Vine wrote:
>
>> I have been fighting this one for 'awhile' with no success
>> therefore my reccomendation for AC_PREREQ(2.13)
>>
>> It is probably a shell syntax mistake or somesuch :-(
>>
>> although this could be a cascade from autoconf failing with
>> configure.in: 145: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_EXT_DAYLIGHT
>> configure.in: 151: error  "" "" "" AC_EXT_TIMEZONE
>

>Isn't this the problem where you have to to run:
>aclocal -I .

Ah Ah  -  Thank you !!

This solves the AC_PREREQ() 'hack'
which should no longer be necessary

The canonical set of configure commands are then

aclocal -I .
autoheader
automake -a
autoconf
./configure --with-LOCAL_OPTIONS

Attached find a simple script to set the LOCAL_OPTIONS
and write a bootstrap script.
< translations to alternative languages are expected :-) >

copy the script to your top FGFS source directory and enter
% ./configurator.py
then run the script it creates to configure your source tree

Gotta love Open Source development and its MANY eyes :-)

Cheers

Norman