> > Have not had any success with JSBsim. :-( My engine RPM
> > stays 'stuck' at ZERO, despite multiple Page-Ups,
> Did you start the engine (click twice on the panel to activate both
> magnetos and then use the middle mouse button to activate the starter)?

Ok, will try that and advise ... may be a few days ...

> > It uses the PLIB js.h, with a minor modification to
> Great. Could you post the details to the PLIB-devel list?

Must find the email to that ...

> > build of a 'missing' js.h. I preferred the 'warning',
> can end up in a library) which shouln'd change to an error.

Sorry I was not clear on this ...

In msvc6 PLIB there are two 'parts' to a build of a library. The
first part is to compile any cxx stuff into a 'library' of code,
and the 2nd part is to COPY that library (if there is one!)
AND the appropriate header file, exposing the library, to
the PLIB folder.

The warning was that Studio could not make js.lib, no cxx
as you pointed out, but as instructed it would still copy js.h
to the appropriate place. Now there is no 'warning' so no
'copy' of the header is done. That's all in the PLIB build.

Then the FG build expects js.h to be in PLIB. By removing
the above PLIB warning you now get an ERROR in building
FG since it can not find js.h anywhere on known paths.

It takes only seconds to flip to PLIB and do a copy src\js\js.h,
but as stated I preferred the PLIB 'warning' with copy than
the FG 'error' and subsequent manual copy ...

> > the RAM in this machine. At present FG 'jumps' forward after
> That's a known problem with MSVC FGFS builds. It shuold be much better

Absolutely. That is my point about ensuring ALL plib, simgear, metakit
and flightgear were compiled using the MultiThreaded DLL. I
want to either (a) look again at porting the current unix thread stuff
to windows thread/mutexes, or (b) at least pass some things off to
a thread(s) created for that purpose alone, or ...

Rgds,

Geoff.