Christian Mayer wrote:
 > Off course. As I wrote in my mail it's no problem to add additional
 > include/library directories. But I don't see a reason to add
 > "K:\Projekte\SimGear\simgear\zlib" or "..\SimGear\simgear\zlib" to the
 > include directory. The include directory should have only "intuitive"
 > directories.
 >
 > I still see no reason why the additional #ifdef is so much more
 > confusing than adding an arbitrary include directory.

This seems like a silly argument.  We have two choices:

+ Change the include line with an #ifdef for MSVC.
+ Change the include path in the MSVC project.

Both of these are trivially easy.  One of them is an annoyance to MSVC
users.  The other is an annoyance to everyone, including MSVC users.
I vote to annoy as few people as possible. :)

Seriously, why is adding a SimGear include directory to the include
path "non-intuitive".  When you write a program using third party
libraries with MSVC (and zlib is definitely a third party library),
what do you do?  That's right, add their install directories to the
include path.  This is normal practice, even in the windows world.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA