David Megginson writes:

 >  >  > Hmmm, If I start at KSAN and taxi to KMYF, JSBSim seems happy with
 >  >  > the ground elevation and everything jives with where FGFS thinks the
 >  >  > ground is.  The problem seems to be somehow at startup/init time.
 >  >  > Very strange and confusing ... I don't see any evidence of a scenery
 >  >  > model problem around KMYF.
 >  >
 >  > I have a guess about where the problem might be -- I recently modified
 >  > JSBSim.cxx to copy start-up settings over from the FlightGear before
 >  > initializing so that we'd get the initial engine values (RPM, etc.)
 >  > into JSBSim.  That might explain the tug-of-war; I'll look at it now.
 >
 > Nope -- that wasn't it (so I'm off the hook for now).  Note that there
 > is no problem with

It's the JSBSim trimming routine.  This works:

  fgfs --airport-id=KMYF --prop:/sim/startup/trim=false

This doesn't work:

  fgfs --airport-id=KMYF --prop:/sim/startup/trim=true

Note that the opposite applies everywhere else; i.e.

  fgfs --airport-id=KSFO --prop:/sim/startup/trim=false

*doesn't* work (the plane flips over).  I'll mention again that I'm
using scenery I built myself, so this isn't just a glitch in Curt's
official scenery build.

All the best,

David

--