--- "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know for the general case an external graphing
> tool would be most
> useful (and I think Jon B. has stuff to do this
> already.)
>
> But, I was just thinking today that it might be cool
> to have a built
> in grapher for simple / quick graphing needs.
>
> With the property system it would be trivial to pick
> an arbitrary
> property from the property tree and graph it over
> time -- superimposed
> on top of everything else.
>
> Things get a bit trickier if you want to control
> scaling, how much
> time history get's graphed, multiple values, etc.,
> but even graphing a
> single value (or maybe just two values) over time
> could be of some
> use.
>
> I thought I'd toss this out there in case someone
> thought it was worth
> while enough to tackle.

In my day job, my own experience has been that
real-time plotting is useful when you know exactly
what you are looking for and you only need to see a
limited number of parameters.  The rest of the time,
recording the data and plotting after the fact works
out to be better.

That said, it *would* be a very cool thing to be able
to do.