At 3/8/02, you wrote:
>John Check writes:
>
>  > I noticed that the UIUC planes are buried under the runway
>  > at startup. Is anybody else seeing this? Console output looks like
>  > this:
>  > FGLaRCsim::set_Altitude: 1.14496
>  > (*) Current Altitude = -1.87 < -1.85 forcing to 1.15
>  > FGLaRCsim::set_Altitude: 1.14503
>  > (*) Current Altitude = -2.09 < -1.85 forcing to 1.15
>  > FGLaRCsim::set_Altitude: 1.14519
>  >
>  > Any Ideas?
>
>It probably has something to do with the UIUC gear code.

This is strange.  We don't get that with FGFS 0.7.8.  And in the last few
weeks I have been updating all of our models with more or less realistic
gear parameters so that they all sit nicely on the runway for takeoff (w/
FGFS 0.7.8).  I have only had to use z-offset-m to get them sitting
properly with wheels just touching the runway.  But the z-offset-m values
are small (+-~.1 to .6 m).  The gear code works for the 747 and all the way
down to my ultralight (one of which is the 1903 Wright Flyer).

FYI - I will be posting these updated models in the very near future.

BTW - David ... we have not modified the UIUC gear code that you wrote.  It
works great, and as far as I can tell it is correct.

>All the best,
>

>David
>
>--
>David Megginson
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Prof. Michael S. Selig
  Dept. of Aero/Astro Engineering
  306 Talbot Laboratory
  104 South Wright Street
  Urbana, IL 61801-2935
  (217) 244-5757 (o), (509) 691-1373 (fax)
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig
  http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig/faq.html (FAQ)