Andy Ross wrote:

> FWIW, my interest in un-inlining stuff has nothing to do with runtime
> performance at all.  What I want to see is for FlightGear to compile
> in something under 20 minutes on my machine.  Some parts are really
> just terribly slow to build.  JSBSim and UIUC are big culprits here,

Personally I only ever fly the default fdm so compiling the others is a
waste of my time and resources.  Maybe we should add an argument to
configure to select which FDM(s) to compile:

--with-fdm=all       the default, compiles all fdm modules
--with-fdm=yasim     compiles only the specified fdm

Cheers,
Bernie