David Megginson writes:
> It isn't hard to change the file to make the view snap back when you
> leave mouse-view mode -- we'll just have to choose a default.
> Personally, I prefer to have the view direction stay put when I leave
> mouse view mode, especially when using the 3D cockpit.  What does
> everyone else think?
>
> In the meantime, I did bind mouse button 1 in view mode to snap the
> view forward, and you can use that before clicking out if you want.

I finally got a chance to try the new 3d cockpit interior and it is a
very good start.  It's pretty awkward trying to fly with the keyboard
and pan the view with the mouse since I'm used to flying with the
mouse.  I did a lot of autopilot assist and it's very interesting.  It
does give you a much better feeling of being inside an aircraft.
Portions of the scene that should be blocked out are blocked out.  The
only thing missing to make it completely realistic is a large
individual in the right seat to totally block your view out there.

I personally like having the view stay where you left it.  Otherwise
it's impossible to use the mouse to position the view and then flip to
a different mode where you fly with the mouse (and still have the view
wehre you left it.)  Clicking the middle mouse button centers the view
anyway so this shouldn't be too much of a problem, except for a few
people who bought mice with only one or two buttons.  That's like
buying an outlet with only room for one prong. :-)

Anyway, definitely some good stuff.