David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I started a model overhaul myself this afternoon (it's been a little
> overdue).  Basically, I'm separating the animation code out so that it
> can be used for any 3D model (windsock, aircraft carrier, waving field
> of grain, or what-have-you) rather than just for the aircraft.
> Essentially, this should remove all dependencies on the viewer, since
> the model will have to calculate its own matrices (it could be at any
> location).  I'll give up and revert if it gets too hard.
>
> Jim: does this conflict with anything you're doing?

Oops, yes it does, I've been doing a similar thing, althought haven't done
anything with the animations.  Can you send me what you've got and I'll try
and merge with what I have?

Also: what I would like to do is setup a "/sim/model" property structure that
has the pointers to the position and orientation data.

example:
<model>
  <longitude-deg-path>/position/longitude-deg</longitude-deg-path>
  <latitude-deg-path>/position/latitude-deg</latitude-deg-path>
  <altitude-ft-path>/positioin/altitude-ft</altitude-ft-path>
  same sort of thing for orientation values
</model>

Then for lookat views (that have a target) I can simply reference that model
in the viewer configs, rather than specifying "target" data locations for each
view, as well as the model.

Best,

Jim