> Martin Spott writes:

>>function `posix_openpty':
>>posixmodule.o(.text+0x15c3): undefined reference to `openpty'
>>/usr/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a(posixmodule.o): In
>>function `posix_forkpty':
>>posixmodule.o(.text+0x163d): undefined reference to `forkpty'
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> What system is this on ??

Oh, I'm sorry. I was in some sort of a hurry - I mostly have to borrow some
time at work to tinker with FlightGear ....
This is on a SuSE-7.3/i386 with a Python installation that is provided by
the distribution. I had the hope this might be a known problem on this list
because several people are using PPE on recent distributions (and PPE
appears to be written for Python-1.5).

Sorry for disturbing - my mistake,

        Martin.