John Wojnaroski wrote:

> I recall reading an article several years ago in a flying mag (can't
> remember exactly where or when)
> on someone's proposal to change the number of degrees on the compass from
> 360 to 400. Seems they
> had a problem computing reciprocals using 180 ;-) The author saw the change
> as a minor effort
> to simple repaint all the runway numbers and change compass card
> faceplates!!

You are talking here about a "gon" wich is defines as

  1 gon = pi/200 rad

I've heard that those are used for measuring the landscape. But they are
as invalid for SI as "deg" is. And they lack the common use that "deg"
has. So we can forget them very fast. (If someone wants to experiment
with them: the standard Casio calculators can be switched into that mode
for the trig functions... I think it's called "gra" on them)

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...