-----Original Message-----
From: Melchior FRANZ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2002 20:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] Re: Report on my Scenery Investigation

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- Wednesday 29 May 2002 19:42:
> Do you mean rectangular holes in the ground at various joints in
> the scenery, like around airports?  I still get this problem (CygWin,
> non-photo scenery) which appeared a few weeks ago.

These were AFAIK introduced together with the experimental runway lighting
and are related to the skirts around airports, that should make the nasty.
tiny white artifacts invisible. As it is now, it makes them more visible, but
just a little bit! And beware! You can break your neck if fall into one of
these holes!   :-)
    BTW: They must somehow be generated automatically, since I even see them
at LOLW, and I'm quite sure that nobody cares for LOLW.

That's not right! I do care about 'Flugplatz Wels' like all other
austrian airports; but as far as FGFS is concerned I think you're right ... :-)

georg

m.