I really have to learn to type eventually 8-(

-----------------------

Norman, I'm glad that you brought that up (it was my next question):
What code editors do people recommend using?  I can sort-of use vi, the
one time I started emacs, I couldn't exit the darn thing.

I'm evaluating a lite version of bb edit, but I don't mind command line
type apps (used to use slick edit for dos on another os 8-)).

I'd like to have something that I could set up to do my compiles, go
from errors straight to an editing session at the point of error.  Find
in file like grep or the ability to call an external command like grep
would be great too.  It would either have to be open source, or macos x
compatible to work for me.  A powerful c-like macro editor would be a
plus... 8-)  I've heard of something called joe, but think that it
requires a library that I can't get on macos x.  Any other suggestions?

TIA, Ima

Check your editor's help file for 'multi-file grep' or 'multi-file
search'

IMHO this is an indispensible editor feature for developing 'large'
projects and most 'good' code editors have this feature builtin so
you don't have to resort to using commandline tools directly.

Cheers

Norman