* Jim Wilson -- Sunday 30 June 2002 17:03:
> This is way beyond the trouble I'm seeeing with my Voodoo3.  What cpu are you
> running?

i686 (266MHz)  Fast enough for most of what I'm doing (and even fast enough for
some commercial FlightSims from the dark side), but it's hardly fast enough for
fgfs. But this isn't a new problem, anyway, it has nothing to do with the new 3D
panel. The 2D panels aren't any better. The only difference is/was, that I could
turn these off.

> Go into Aircraft/A4/Models/a4-blue.xml and remove the <panel>
> reference and that will get rid of it for now.

Ooops, yes. I didn't even look there.
Of course, I don't want to turn the panel permanently off. After all I'll have to
set all the navigation stuff and such. But usually I turn it off before I start,
and on again when I've left the airport and there is less terrain detail.

The missing fog is a more serious problem, and it isn't a4 specific.

m.