David Megginson wrote:

> I've just checked in a new patch for automatic joystick type detection
> (where available).  NOTE: it will work *only* if you have a recent (2
> months or so) CVS version of plib.

The present sets of bindings result in the throttle being "squared" about its centre,
which is silly.  This is because the "squared" parameter is not set by the throttle
binding, but the default is "true".  We discussed this before and I think there was
general agreement that the default should be "false" on the basis of generality.

Therefore may I request this change to the default (in src/Main/fg_commands.cxx):

  class PropertyCommandState : public SGCommandState
  {
    virtual const SGPropertyNode * getSquared () const
-     { return _squared ? _squared : &_dummy_1; }
+     { return _squared ? _squared : &_dummy_0; }
  };

Thanks.

- Julian