David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Norman Vine writes:
>
>  >    globals->get_model_mgr()->draw();
>  >    globals->get_aircraft_model()->draw();
>
> That's mostly dead code.  FGModelMgr::draw is now a no-op and should
> be removed (Jim?):

Yes, I noticed that but didn't remove.  Was focusing on something else.
Actually I'm not sure that it ever did anything,  it goes back to when you
split the code out in order to support non-ac models.  In any case we wavered
back and forth on using a separate root for the cockpit.   As far as I'm
concerned it can go.  For the aircraft model, more than likely we should not
have a draw there either,  but eventually should just update a pointer to a
rendering class that contains an array of ssgroots in the order they get drawn
or something like that.  I think we can also do pre-draw call backs per
ssgRoot that would take care of any changes that need to be made between
cullanddraw's.

Norman, the FGRender() has pretty much remained unchanged, especially in terms
of anything that would affect lighting.   The aircraft model draw() is an
addition and I think a tilemgr update was moved out of it.  Pretty much
everything else is what has been there for a good many months (since I first
looked at it last fall or so).

The lighting problem has been there a while as well.  It kind of needs to be a
addressed with more than just a patch,  as we do need to improve the 3d
cockpit lighting and night time ground visibility.  Also the daylight lighting
isn't all that realistic.  Maybe it is because the light adjustment does not
account for the dilation of the pupils (which would decrease the apparent
difference in light between say Noon and 4pm).

Best,

Jim