Jonathan Polley wrote:
> Jon Berndt wrote:
> > Just because something *can* be done doesn't mean it *should* be!
>
> Actually, I was going to say that it was another solution in search of
> a problem.

I honestly thought it was a joke, but the website looks serious enough
to believe.  Good grief.

But it's not the first -- XSLT is a full XML-based programming
language, thankfully tailored to a much smaller problem area.  And
XSLT is still a horrific monster, IMHO.

I still remain dumbfounded at the number of otherwise bright people in
this world that believe that needlessly gluing together two useful
technologies results in improvement.  What happened to encapsulation?
It's not just for programs anymore. :)

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA