Gouthas, Themie wrote:
> I dont think the alpha sorting code was ever comitted, so currently
> I dont beleive PLIB will alpha sort.

I'm not sure this is a great idea in any case.  There are a *lot* of
these objects, and doing an NlogN sort of them (with attendant
geometry processing to get the distances, not to mention the cache
effects of doing an extra sweep over all of them) every frame is
likely to be awfully slow.

Hacking around the issue by diddling the rendering order (and maybe
double-rendering problem objects like nearby clouds) sounds like the
best idea to me.  We could also investigate the use of destination
alpha, which is available and fast on high end hardware these days.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA