I've just downloaded e000n40.tar.gz scenery file from William's site
to discover that lakes are missing there too. The bigger ones that
appears in Curt's scenery (like the Lake of Geneva) are now flagged
as Default (green) and not Lake (blue).

Otherwise, I never saw such a detailed scenery for my home town in
whatever sim. Thanks to William, David and vmap0.

I have two remarks :
1. rivers are all the of same width,
2. the data set is somewhat misplaced by a fraction of kilometer :
   I discovered this with fgsd ( screenshot here :
   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/frbouvi/flightsim/fgsd-vmap0-ann.png )
   I presume the map is placed correctly because airports match
   perfectly. You can see that the shape of the river match but is
   offset by a small amount. There is also a lake that does not appear.
   perhaps it is not in the dataset !
   It result in rivers climbing mountains or railroads crossing
   airfields.
   I don't know if this error can be compensate because I only have
   one area to look at. Maybe someone can do the same with its area
   and tell how much the data is off. Here, the difference is about
   20 seconds in both longitude and latitude.

Cheers,

-Fred