David Megginson wrote:
> To simplify things, I've just committed a base-package patch to bind
> zoom-in to '+', zoom-out to '-', and return to default zoom to '='.
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ooh, this brings up a good point.  Is there a place to store a default
zoom, or are you just hardcoding the normal default?

I have a button on my joystick mapped to mean "recenter view".  But
the problem is that recentered means different things in different
contexts.  The A-4 needs to look down by 17 degrees, and I use a 65
degree FOV to keep the whole panel on the screen.  The 172 is mostly
straight ahead, as is the Harrier.

It would be nice to store a per-aircraft (or per view?) "default view
configuration" somewhere and have my button and the '=' key binding
copy that onto the current view.  Does a convention like this exist?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA