> It seems silly to have the "brake" key slam on full braking power, if it
> is to be used on the runway.  No wonder the aircraft tend to tip over or
> burst their tyres.  Can I recommend this patch which sets the "all
> brakes" strength to 0.5 and the individual left/right to 0.7?

One option might be to make the braking force a function of speed.  This is
how we usually use brakes anyway, especially just before stopping.  To make a
smooth stop in an airplane, or a car for that matter, you have to let up on
the brakes as you get slower or the vehicle will lurch to a stop.

The braking force could be a constant value above say 10 knots, and taper down
to a low value at zero knots.  This should get rid of the nose dive.

Another option is to have the brake control select a deceleration rate rather
than a force.  This is how the autobrakes work on a modern airliner.  The
problem with this is that it ignores the physical model of the airplane and
might feel artificial.  However, stopping an airplane with a keyboard key is
itself artificial so it might not be so bad.

Dave Culp