Michael Basler writes:
> it works with Cygwin, and it is a really cool innonvative feature.
>
> A couple of nits only:
>
> - I still would suggest transferring this into FlightGear. I first had to
> download and install gpc (do most Terragear users recall they did once?),
> which might be annoying for beginners. Terrasync certainly does not make use
> of it ;-)

I will move this code over into the FlightGear tree.

> - A more serious problem: Terrasync relies on external rsync + mkdir. At
> present, I start FlightGear from the usual Windows batch (with proper
> parameters of course), while I start Terrasync from within a Cygwin bash
> thus having both in the (Cygwin) path.
>
> However: We sure will ship this with the next "official" version of all
> supported platforms, won't we? Thus we'll need a way to get this working
> standalone under Windows. I may stay corrected, but standard windows comes
> without both tools. Maybe one of the Windows gurus will suggest a solution
> to this.

You are correct that it would be nice to have a stand alone util that
works on all platforms.  However, using rsync and mkdir allowed me to
hack this together in an evening and get it working rather well.  If I
sat down and wrote a standalone util and reimplimented all the rsync
functionality, this would have been more of a week(s) project which I
just don't have time for.

> Otherwise, I am still perplexed how fluently this works! BTW, I am sitting
> behind an ISDN line (well, 2xISDN, to be honest).
>
> Finally: Please keep this a top secrect. Otherwise, I already foresee MS's
> variant for FS2004:
>
> "Please register with PASSPORT before using our scenery."

How about $3.99 per minute ... :-)