David Megginson wrote:
> On my system, I use procmail to sort messages into separate lists.
> When someone crossposts to flightgear-devel and plib-devel (for
> example), both messages end up in the flightgear-devel folder,
> because that rule fires first, so it just looks like a duplicate
> posting.

Yup, user error. :)

David gets the cookie.  I do indeed use procmail to filter my mail,
but normally this isn't a problem.  We use postfix as a MTA, which
delivers multiple copies of messages when expanding aliases.  So I
typically do see one delivery for each list.

But I have this recipe in my .procmailrc:

:0 Wh: .msgid.lock
| formail -D 16384 .msgid.cache

Which (for those who aren't fluent in procmail) removes messages with
a duplicate ID tag.  For messages that arrive from elsewhere, this is
apparently rarely true.  But for messages that I send, it is.  Odd.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA