On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:03:21 +1100,
Geoff Reidy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Mike Bonar wrote:
> > Please help a newbie out.  I am a little confused about how to stay
> > up to date with CVS.
>
> > MIke
>
> If you've got plib, SimGear, FlightGear, and fgfsbase installed from
> cvs you can use this script to keep it up to date:
> http://home.pacific.net.au/~greendog/flightgear/fgupdate

..yeeha!  I was going to write something like this, thanks!
Neat job!  :-)

..a wee policy nit:  This _is_ where we (FG) wanna drop in the
FG family cvs trees? : "PLIB_DIR=~/games/flightgear/plib
SIMGEAR_DIR=~/games/flightgear/SimGear
FLIGHTGEAR_DIR=~/games/flightgear/FlightGear
FGFSBASE_DIR=~/games/flightgear/fgfsbase"

..most FG newcomers on thin metered wires will likely first try
a tarball or a binary, when we tell'em "try cvs", we should also
help'em minimize the DL by dropping the cvs in somewhere convenient,
so their old working binaries are left working while their old
source trees are reused when possible.

> Occasionally you might hit a build error and have to look at the logs
> but most of the time it just works (for me anyway).
>
> Regards,
> Geoff

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: