On 1/14/03 at 4:10 PM Curtis L. Olson wrote:

>David Luff writes:
>> and I'd have thought that displaced thesholds and the arrows
>> pointing to them would have to be pretty high on the list of
>> features that would be expected to make it in.
>
>Do we actually have these in our airport data?  If so (or if the data
>could be added) I'd be willing to work on it.  The airport code is
>still relatively fresh in my mind.

Got it.  The Dafif has separate landing and takeoff distances for each
direction of each runway, and on the airports/runways I've looked at (in
the UK) these seem to correspond to the displaced  thresholds.  To be quite
honest I never realised one could use the bit with the arrows for takeoff,
although thinking about it it wouldn't make sense not to.  Anyway, if you
let me know what format the data would be most useful in, then I'll write a
program to extract it from the Dafif and convert it to your preferred
format.

Cheers - Dave