Dave,

Worked like a champ. A few more instances of this have turned up, and I can supply diffs if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jonathan Polley

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 10:39 AM, David Luff wrote:

Jonathan,

I've got behind reading my mail from this list, and I've only just read
this mail from a while ago about this and the later error you had in
ATCVoice.cxx. I've commited Norman's fixes for both files to the cvs, so
if you could do a clean checkout of the ATC subdirectory and check I
haven't missed anything that would be great.

Cheers - Dave

Norman Vine writes:
Jonathan Polley writes:

Second, I got an error in src/ATC/tower.hxx.

typedef list < TowerPlaneRec* > tower_plane_rec_list_type;
typedef list < TowerPlaneRec* >::iterator tower_plane_rec_list_iterator;
typedef list < TowerPlaneRec* >::const_iterator
tower_plane_rec_list_const_iterator;
generates:

c:\fgdev\flightgear\src\atc\tower.hxx(72) : error C2653: 'list<class
TowerPlaneRec *,class std::allocator<class TowerPlaneRec *>
' : is not a class or namespace name
c:\fgdev\flightgear\src\atc\tower.hxx(72) : error C2146: syntax error :
missing ';' before identifier
'tower_plane_rec_list_iterator'

Yes, I know that MSVC has its share of problems with templates, but is
there a work around for this?

here is a shot in the dark

typedef list < TowerPlaneRec* > tower_plane_rec_list_type;
typedef tower_plane_rec_list_type::iterator tower_plane_rec_list_iterator;
typedef tower_plane_rec_list_type::const_iterator
tower_plane_rec_list_const_iterator;

HTH

Norman