> With recent code changes, I'm seeing a significant pause in the
> animation about every 2 seconds.  This is enough to create a break in
> the audio with every pause.  I don't think this is just my machine.
> Is any one else seeing this in the latest CVS?  If it's not just me,
> we need to track down where it is coming from because it is immensely
> annoying!

I've seen this before, in the last few days, but I can't reproduce
it. It never affected the picture though, only the sound. I'm running
CVS with gcc 2.95.4 on Debian sid on Athlon XP1800+ and Radeon 8500
with ATI's fglrx driver 2.5.1.

Damn, my X server crash symptom has just returned, despite the
"mem=nopentium" option, and I haven't changed anything else. Even
worse, if I remember correctly, I never had a crash with the older
version of the driver, so it MUST be the ATI stuff that freezes.

  Andras