Martin Spott writes:

> .... I believe something has to be fixed before:
>
> http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/FGFS/Building_01.png
>

> Do you know how you get there ? This happens when you try taxiing below the
> airport building  :-))
> I suppose this should be changed before you start offering bridges to the
> people - the tempation to fly below the Golden Gate is too big and how
> you tell the people why their plane crashes every time ....  ;-)

1)  Don't know why there is a large unrendered area

2) The ground intersector was changed to report maximum elevation at a point
     of any object under the "Terrain Root Node" so as to support landing on aircraft
     carriers. Things like Bridges, Hangers and other objects that don't want to
exhibit
     this behavior will need to have a separate SSG Root or be a 'special' ssgNode type
     so that their surfaces will be skipped when doing HOT calculations.

3) What is really needed for flying under bridges is a general purpose 3D collision
    detection support which the scenery hitlist routine is not.  It is only designed
    report the height of the highest point at the location of the intersection with
the terrrain
    scenegraph in the direction specified by the 'look from point' and the 'look in
direction'
    vector. Obviously this builds invisible walls between surfaces if there is more
then one
    surface at a point, such as under a bridge.  I think that this behavior can be
reverted
    so as to again only report the distance to 'front side' faces under the 'looked
from point'
    but this will break being able to land on an aircraft carrier and will allow one
to fly thru
    solid objects.

Cheers

Norman