Martin Spott writes:

> >> .... I believe something has to be fixed before:
> >>
> >> http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/FGFS/Building_01.png
> [...]
> > 1)  Don't know why there is a large unrendered area
>
> What you're calling 'unrendered area' is supposed to be the untextured roof
> of the "new terminal building" at KSFO.

Ah ...

FWIW
Then assuming the 'reference point' is at the 'geometrical center' of this
model, it appears as if you crashed when the 'ref pt'  got into the 'building'

This is the expected behaviour of the terrain intersector since at this
point the terrain intersector says that the model is underground :-)

Cheers

Norman