On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 01:38  am, Ima Sudonim wrote:

I can't find any information on building Atlas from CVS to use with flightgear. I've modified configure.ac to get past autogen.sh and configure. I have the following build problems.
I'll give Atlas a shot today :-)

LoadPng.o: Where/what is png.h
Get libPng via Fink, hopefully Atlas has a ./configure --with-libpng= option, otherwise we'll need to add one.
'fink install libpng' or pick it from the list using dselect. Or you can just build it from source, Apple already supply 'zlib' which libpng requires.

MapMaker.o: What is dirent.h? The problem is the uint parts of this struct
This sounds a bit strange, possibly pulling in <sys/types> will help (as Bert Dreihuis suggested) but I think that should have been done automatically..

I am using MacOS 10.3 with 12/2002 dev tools, gcc 2.95, latest plib, fg from cvs, simgear is recent
Is there any reason you're using 2.95 rather than 3.2? It's a much better compiler for C++
And unlike other OS-s, switching back and forth is simple.

H&H
James

--
That which does not kill me has poor aim