I just committed Jim's changes to CVS.  This means you'll need to
update both the base package cvs and flightgear cvs to stay in sync.

--- Begin Message ---
<embarrassing-note>
Let me try again.  This time I'll remember the file links and one other change
that I made added to the list. :-)
</embarrassing-note>

Hi David and Curt,

There are a number of little changes.  Tested with current cvs as of 20:30EST
04Feb.  Actually been running since the beginning of January with these
patches.  All changes work without crashing with the current base package cvs,
but there are some visual problems with the views (other than pilot view)
without changes to the base package.

As soon as you can build test and commit I can add in those base package
updates that will make it all work nicely.  I will also go through all the 3D
Aircraft configs to make sure the change in the "pitch-offset" for cockpit
views (see below) are made to maintain current behavior.

Here are the files (changes listed below):
http://www.spiderbark.com/fgfs/viewerupdate.diffs.gz
http://www.spiderbark.com/fgfs/viewerupdate.tar.gz

Best,

Jim

FIXED: The viewer code has a bug in it that screws up the pitch offsets in
chase view.  This is the offset angle that is typically controlled by the
mouse or the hat switch (up or down angle).  If you go to chase view and then
use the mouse to move the view angle up, and then fly around you'll see what I
mean.

Added a new set of parameters to the viewer interface.  They are called
"Target offsets" (x, y, and z) and work in the "Look At" views, where
there is a target view location, e.g. Chase View.  The new offsets will allow
the model designer to offset the "view origin" to midship (or whereever) in
order to eliminate unpleasent optical effects as the aircraft rolls and pitches.

Roll, Pitch and Heading Offsets are now processed by the view manager like all
the other parameters. (Duh)  Interface updated accordingly.

Certain view configuration data is now copied to a subpath of "current-view"
called "config" so that property manipulation can be used to reset the view to
an original position without knowing which view is the "current" one.  This
improves on some recent attempts to accomplish this by introducing duplicate
"default" property entries.

Views can be selected by simply modifying the property
"/sim/current-view/view-number".   This has been used to bind the uppercase
"V" key to return to view number 0 (the cockpit).  Of course it could also be
used for menu selections, etc.

Renamed several private functions in viewmgr class (no effect outside viewmgr)
so that they are consistant with names used in the viewmgr and viewer
interfaces.  This is really just a code documentation improvement.

On RESET a call is made to viewmgr::reinit() so that viewer settings can be
restored to their original state including returning to the cockpit view.
This seems to make sense and it does away with some persistant gotchas that
have cropped up here and there.

--- End Message ---