Erez Boym writes:

 > Well, I'm new to FlightGear tweaking, but I find it
 > strange that to use flight gear (Add objects, add
 > aircrafts etc.) you have to search the source files,
 > just to find these xml properties that will enable me
 > to do that work.

You can also examine the tree live in the online property browser --
that's probably the best approach (it's the one I use).

I agree that we need documentation, but no one has stepped forward and
volunteered to write any.  I disagree with Norm that all FlightGear
development should stop until that documentation is written -- if we
used that rule, we wouldn't have ATC, 3D cockpits, runway lighting,
and just about everything else interesting that's appeared in
FlightGear over the past couple of years.

 > In my inexpert eyes it's something we must maintain otherwise we
 > limit FlightGear usage to code reader experts that can tweak the
 > source files. Normal users that only want to add things to flight
 > gear would be left out or bug mailing lists for these properties.

If you're volunteering, you're very welcome.  I agree that the work is
critical, and it's a good way for a non-coder to make a major
contribution to the project.

All the best,

David

--