David Megginson wrote:
> As long as I have you on the line, Andy, how hard would it be for you
> to adapt the FGAtmosphere::Turbulence() function (in
> src/FDM/JSBSim/FGAtmosphere.cpp) for YASim?

It looks like it should be fairly clean.  You would take the
per-iteration turbulence vector and add it to the wind at "setup"
time.  This happens in YASim.cxx, lines 235-237.  Just move the
turbulence value to somewhere accessible from the YASim FDM object
(properties or whatnot) and add it in.  The value gets converted into
YASim's internal coordinate system later on; this part is in NED
coordinates and should accept Jon's output without change (well, units
might need twiddling).

Really the only significant code that would have to be written is a
patch to get FGAtmosphere::Turbulence() to export the velocity vector.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross        Beyond the Ordinary        Plausibility Productions
Sole Proprietor       Beneath the Infinite       Hillsboro, OR