Elad Yarkoni writes:
> Once upon a time, you were sitting and writing:
>
> > Hi, i'm a student and trying to learn how to make flight sims. i am in the
>learning process and i was wondering if anyone of you could point me in the righ
>direction. i want to start by drawing dials, and horizon indicator. i dont know if
>flightgear has function  calls to automatically do this, but could anyone point me to
>tutorials or  code on how to start. feel free to dummy it up :)
>
> Hm... it looks like you have a long way ahead :)
>
> (but from what I know about simulations.... drawing panels
> would certainly not be my first step...).

Actually, drawing 2d panels is pretty straight forward, and their's
lots of examples you can start with and modify.  Panels are all done
with .xml config files so you don't need to do any coding or
recompiling to build a panel.  And, you can reload the panel on the
fly, so you don't even have to restart FlightGear to test your
changes.

Regards,