Doing 'cvs up' in fgfsbase. (flags are -dP)

cvs server: Updating .
cvs [server aborted]: cannot stat /tmp/cvslck: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: cannot stat /tmp/cvslck: No such file or directory

Have I done something dumb (been away from my FG box for 2 weeks, it worked before then) and has failed every time from it since I got back (Friday). Also get and identical error when I do the update on my iBook. So if it's me, it's not the machines or the OS.

Hope this isn't completely uninformative, I don't know much about the internals of CVS.
H&H
James

--
That which does not kill me has poor aim