> One of the best places for flying under a bridge is Bristol (UK),
> there's a lot of space beneath the Clifton Suspension Bridge (some
> 250m long, ~75m above the water). Allegedly, hot-air balloons used to
> fly underneath the bridge occasionally, but that must have been before
> my time. More recently all flying under the bridge has been banned.

I can't let this discussion about flying under bridges pass by without a mention
of Jurgen Kairys amzing flight beneath ten bridges in Vilnius, Lithuania:

http://rafaero.free.fr/Videos/sukhoiunderbridge.wmv

http://www.haute-voltige.com/videos/kairys.mpe

If you haven't seen the video of this yet, do so now - it's probably more
breathtaking than you imagine.  (NB. The two sequences above are the same apart
from the format).

Mally

---