Jon Stockill schrieb:
Many thanks to those people who replied both on and off the list to my
query about the location of the blender->ac scripts. Despite blender being
so frustrating at times I've managed to hack together a not too bad
rendition of a powerstation cooling tower, resulting in this:

http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/images.html

(The rest of the buildings are just blocked in for now.

Looks like a great start!

I just wonde, how it would look like if you would change the black inbetween the poles that are on the bottom end of the towers to transparens (i.e. use an alpha chanel in the texture).
Probably it would look really weird as the normal texture (i.e. crops) would shin e through... But placing your own ground underneath would probably help there as well.

CU,
Christian