Hi Willy
Dont know if this has anything to do with it but when I built my version of cygwin there was a problem with perl 5.8 and I had to build using 5.6.That was about 4 months ago .I have not updated since because I could not be bothered with the hassle of making cygwin use the older version.
But as Norman says have a look over at cygwin there was quite a few posts about the problem with what was then the larest version of perl.
HTH

cheers
Innis

WillyB
On Wednesday 02 July 2003 22:51, Norman Vine wrote:

> Hmmm... got me ....
>
> Is this when running autogen.sh ?

No, I only ran autogen.sh the first time I downloaded the CVS
I only ran make this time.

(on linux I found I only needed to run autogen.sh when there has been a new
dir added... not sure if this is the proper way, but it compiles and runs ok)

> if not remove any leftover confstatXXXX directories and > try starting over from ./autogen.sh

I'll try that.

> You could try doing a > export PERLIO=perlio > first

I have to wait until sometime tomorrow, my wife just got home from work and
kicked me off of her computer :/

> If this doesn't help, only other thing I can suggest is asking > over on the Cygwin list. The Perl maintainers are usually > very interested in this kind of thing and normally answer quickly

Ok, I'll go over and subscribe to that list now.

I might add here that when I just now ran fgfs it started at 16 fps (using cub
aircraft) but once I started the motor and took off it went down to 5 fps and
from there it bounced to between 1 fps and 5 fps.

Thanks Norman for your advice :)

Re's

William McRaven
errr.. WillyB